This week Douglas Wilson talks about the South City Church’s statement. He then goes on to suggest How to Be Free From Bitterness by Jim Wilson. Wrapping it up with a look at the New Testament word “Aneleemon.” Happy plodding!
RSS Feed: http://canonpress.libsyn.com/rss
Get the weekly episodes in your inbox: http://canonpress.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=7c049fc7f2904e30e1ac37ebf&id=db9614c891
South City Church Statement
- It’s lame. They beat around the bush.
- Every Orthodox Christian believes that we must not be hateful to an image bearer of God
- It will still be good enough for the PCA
How to Be Free From Bitterness
- By Jim Wilson
- Bitterness is a very common sin (especially in the church).
- This book shows that bitterness is the kind of sin that causes you to think of other people’s sins
- Your Bitterness is your problem
- “Aneleemon” is a word for unmerciful
- Only occurs once in the New Testament.
- Romans 1:31