Book 4/Chapter 20
Ordained by God (section 4)
1. What is Calvin’s first argument that the office of magistrate is ordained by God?
2. What enables kings to reign in justice?
3. What different kinds of rule are ordained by God?
So-called Christian perfection (section 5)
1. How does Calvin answer those who say that Christian perfection makes civil rule moot?
2. Where does Calvin find that God entrusts the church to the protection of the magistrate?
Magistrates accountable (section 6)
1. Does this mean that rulers can do as they please?
Monarchy no injustice (section 7)
1. Does Calvin object to the “power of one,” that is, to a monarch?
These are the questions for the readings for Tuesday, December 22, and those readings can be found here.