This week Pastor Wilson talks about the problem with deepfake videos, especially in politics and criminal trials. He also talks about Corrie Ten Boom’s book, “The Hiding Place”, and his Mother’s friendship with Corrie Ten Boom herself. Pastor Wilson finishes things off with a look at the word anopheles. Happy plodding!
Deepfake Videos and the Law:
- Deepfake videos are now coming into serious possibility, especially in politics and criminal trials
- Wilson believes that we ought not accept any kind of electronic evidence in a court of law without the burden of proof with regard to that evidence being shifted
- How are we supposed to know if the electronic evidence condemning someone was not tinkered with?
The Hiding Place:
- Written by Corrie Ten Boom
- Corrie Ten Boom was good friends with Pastor Wilson’s Mother
- Rendered as unprofitable
- Used twice in the New Testament: Titus 3:9, Heb. 7:18
- This is unprofitable in the moral sense