Welcome to the Plodcast! Listen in to hear Pastor Wilson re-address the revoice conference, arguing that the whole thing is completely backwards. After that he plods on to review Tom Bethel’s “Darwin’s House of Cards”. Finally, Wilson takes a look at Hamartano & Hamartia in 1 Corinthians. Happy Plodding!
The Revoice Conference:
- They want it to be possible for someone to be a gay celibate
- The main thing that is wrong with this is that it is privileging gender confusion sexuality issues in a way that we never would privilege any other sin
- This is like having your identity be in gambling but you never actually bet anything
- This whole thing is not a sustainable project
- What are the transgenders committing to not do?
Darwin’s House of Cards:
- Written by Tom Bethel
- He is bringing us up to speed on the debate of darwinism
- He gives great insight to the problems created by convergent evolution
- The conclusion of the book was great, he points out that the plausibility structure supporting darwinism is not there anymore
Hamartano & Hamartia:
- Looking at these sins in 1 Cor.
- Hamartano is used a number of times but Hamartia is not mentioned until chapter 15
- 1 Cor. 6:18,28, / 7:36 / 8:12 / 15:3, 17, 34, 56