Howdy! Listen in to hear Pastor Wilson talk about how identity politics has crept its way into the church. He plods on to review Jonah Goldberg’s book, “Suicide of the West” and finishes things off with another look at Hamartano and Hamartia in Romans.
Identity politics & the church
- Identity politics would not be making such in-roads into the church unless we were having an identity crisis
- Our identities have to be in Christ
- As identity politics come into the church, race & gender relations get worse
- If we try to have any kind of harmony that doesn’t confront the fact of our sinful natures it is a grave mistake
Suicide of the West
- Even though I’m going to be critical, the book is amazing… buy three copies
- Written by Jonah Goldberg
- Goldberg’s book “Liberal Fascism” is one of the best books I’ve ever read
- The critique is that the first line of the book says that there is no God in this book
Hamartano & Hamartia:
- These words show up so much in Romans that we need to split it up into two episodes
- Hamartano is mentioned in Romans 2:12, 3:23, 5:12, 5;14, 5:16, 6:15
- Understanding these things, shall we sin because we are under grace and not under the law God forbid it, Paul says.