Tune in to hear Pastor Wilson talk about the broken window fallacy. Then he plugs Love & Respect, and wraps things up with a talk about the Greek word “Akrates”. Happy Plodding!
The Broken Window Fallacy:
- if I throw a brick through someones window, is that an economic stimulus?
- what if I throw a brick through every window?
- this will create a lot of work for glass companies, and this is what people see
- but the people don’t see what the car owners would have spent their money on
- the money that they spend on the window is money that they won’t spend anywhere else
- we can’t just pretend that we are sophisticated because we intend to look at one half of the picture only
Love & Respect
- written by Emerson Eggerichs
- addresses the differences in women when it comes to the desire in love and respect
- devoted to sort out marriage problems because of this difference in men and women
- the bible commands us according to our weakness and according to our spouses needs
- Eggerichs walks through this and gives a ton of advice for couples on how to walk through it all
- used once in NT (2 Tim. 3:3)
- it means incontinent
- sins are cleary like grapes
- they come in clusters