In the Pot Nine Days Old

Sharing Options
Show Outline with Links

Introduction

Let us talk for a moment about the way appeasement usually goes, and begin by citing Churchill in his trenchant response to Chamberlain. “You were given the choice between war and dishonour. You chose dishonour and you will have war.”

Appeasement Shows Up Everywhere

The emotional makeup of the appeaser is consistent, regardless of venue. It might be a hapless parent, saying that his toddler is “losing self-control” when what is actually happening is that the toddler is showing absolute mastery of the situation, is exercising total control, and has decided to do the whole thing again tomorrow. It might happen when a feckless Secretary of State flies around the whole telling troublesome rogue states that he is going to count to ten. “Nine and a half . . . nine and three quarters . . .”khazad-dum

And of course, the same mentality, the mentality of the appeaser is on full display in our culture wars. A recent example was the decision of the NCAA to pull certain games out of North Carolina in order to register their disapproval of how North Carolina had decided to protect little girls from bona fide creepers in public rest rooms. Thus it has come to pass that the advocates of “safe spaces” on college campuses—defined as spaces sufficiently insulated from opinions that are contrary to their own—are strident opponents of actual safe spaces for girls who will run the risk of being molested and/or filmed by some tranny named Bruno. Rest rooms, as you may recall, don’t have surveillance cameras in them, and so when North Carolina acted like a commonwealth full of people with common sense and said that folks needed to use the kind of bathroom that matched their sex on their birth certificate, the enlightened ones among us—no other phrase will do—went ape shit.

Gnats and Camels

The really offensive thing in all this, some will say, is not that a precious little girl in North Carolina will have her innocence violated, but rather that some writer in North Idaho is still allowed to use words like “tranny” and “Bruno.” We suggest that heavy fines are in order. And certain furrowed-brow evangelicals will chime in with their observation that we need to make some kind of communitarian peace with abortion, sodomy, and executive tyranny, but that we draw the line at uncouth references to primate fecal matter.

Back to North Carolina

Among those posturing, preening, flexing their inclusive biceps, and otherwise virtue signaling were the drama queens of the NCAA. They pulled some games out of North Carolina to show how committed to Diversity (all rise!) they are. They are way committed to Diversity. They showed us how all-in-dedicated to Diversity they were, are, and ever will be. They adopted a policy that went full-weirdo inclusion, which put them in the necessary position of having to exclude regular folks. It used to be that social engineers would justify their follies by saying that you can’t make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. We have now reached the apex of what our modern progressive thought-thinkers are now maintaining, which is that you can’t throw eggs at the sidewalk without breaking a few eggs.

So Then, Appeasement . . .

Now how do we know that we are in an appeasement situation? Those strident voices on the Left know that they are not dealing with anyone committed to Diversity in the slightest, but rather with businessmen who have PR departments that insistently tell them which way the wind is blowing. They know, in short, that they are dealing with appeasement monkeys. And that is why they did not say “Good job, NCAA! Way to be decent and progressive human beings!”

No, no, not at all. They actually ratcheted everything up to the next level. Now that you have granted all of our premises by boycotting North Carolina, we will immediately demand the expulsion of BYU from the NCAA. And, granting the premises, which you are just now granted, this is absolutely correct. Here is a fine sample of this kind of thinking.

The NCAA are craven appeasers, not foot soldiers of the Left. They are the Vichy government, not the Nazis. They are Churchill’s appeasers, feeding the crocodile with others, hoping to be the last one eaten. It is a good thing they all went into sports during high school and college. I hear that sports build character.

Out in Nebuchadnezzar’s Pasture

But of course, we do not grant the premises. Any set of premises that winds up with serious-looking people putting tampons in the men’s room is a set of premises that ought to be examined just a bit more closely. This is where we have gotten, people. Half a century of tax-payer funded sex-ed classes for millions of students, costing many millions of dollars, and the alumni of these sex-ed classes now occupy many positions of influence, and they have crowned their distinguished course of study by putting tampons in the men’s rooms. But they cannot linger for very long—they are all off to a seminar which will lambast conservatives for being “anti-science.”

Like I said, if you grant the lunatic premises then you will be able, with little effort, to land yourself in a lunatic conclusion. But why do that? Why go along with it all? Why fight a rearguard action against it? Why not face facts, and admit that our once great civilization has officially gotten to the point that Nebuchadnezzar reached when he assumed the role of a moo-cow. Not only so, but we have reached that point for precisely the same reasons. We were full of the pride of life, and in hubris we marveled at this great secular Babylon which we had built. And so the God of Heaven sent out a decree from the watchers, and caused us to put tampons in the men’s rooms. We are the mighty ones, we are lords of the earth. We think we shall sit under this tree and watch our fingernails grow.

Hamster Babies

But bring this down to our evangelical leaders who have that same appeasement streak down in their souls. They have the backbone of a chocolate eclair. They have the sturdy ribs of a very large recently-shelled oyster. They have the fighting spirit of a Tupperware bowl full of hamster babies.

How can you tell if someone is an evangelical appeaser? It is very simple. They will take issue with what follows. We need to start saying things something like the following to the world:

“Everything you know about discrimination is wrong.” “All you have been taught about equality is incoherent.” “You don’t know what human rights are.” “The only problem with social justice warriors is that they don’t know what society is, what justice is, or what war is like.” “The 1964 Civil Rights Act was a masterful plan if you are a Greek, and an unmitigated disaster if you are a Trojan.”

We are up against people who oppose genital mutilation of young children in Yemen but support it whole-heartedly in San Francisco. We are up against progressives who championed Title IX foolishness for a generation, but who then suddenly changed their minds, and destroyed women’s sports in just a matter of months. I point this out simply to note that we are not up against thinkers. But they still get what they want because of who they are up against.

Some of us like it hot, others like it cold. Others like it in the pot.

Appeasement porridge hot,

Appeasement porridge cold,

Appeasement porridge in the pot

Nine days old.

Anyone who thinks that this trajectory we are on can end without overt persecution of the believing church in North America is living in a dream land. I suggest another strategy, and another set of generals. And during the coming troubles, we need to be led by churchills, not chamberlains.

290
Leave a Reply

avatar
 
16 Comment threads
274 Thread replies
0 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
39 Comment authors
katechoJonathanfpjillybeanChristopher Casey Recent comment authors

  Subscribe  
newest oldest
Notify of
Qodesmith
Guest
Qodesmith

I didn’t even get past “Gnats & Camels” before I finally realized (after reading your blog for some time now) that you’re a fighter. Your tones, remarks, quips, etc., are all birthed out of your resolve that a fight is inevitable and, quite frankly, already upon us. Bravo, good sir. My apologies for not getting the message earlier.

Matt
Guest
Matt

In order to appease there must be a demand. Was there a specific demand to the NCAA that they do something in response to the NC law? My impression was that they acted on their own volition. The Churchill quote shouldn’t be used to generalize. Hitler really was a special case, and you never hear about all the times that negotiation and compromise avert conflicts, even with seemingly unreasonable people. The only reason anyone remembers this quote is that Churchill happened to get Hitler right. Especially in a peacetime political context, it feels like “appeasement” is just code for “listening… Read more »

Sherry Pinson
Guest
Sherry Pinson

Whatever else I might respond to, I’ll settle for this: Hitler wasn’t a special case. He might have been a very dramatic case, a very visible case, and one who operated on a very large scale. But he wasn’t special. He wasn’t the first to murder large numbers of people as he grasped for power and retaliation, nor the first to need to be The One. Any look at Facebook will turn up scores of people who delight in tearing down others to inflate themselves. It’s a matter only of degree. Sin infects all of us. The same Enemy attacks… Read more »

JP Stewart
Member
JP Stewart

Yep. Plenty of vicious tribal leaders and 3rd world dictators would kill as many people as Hitler, Stalin or Mao if they had the same firepower.

drewnchick
Member

I keep wondering what’s preventing Kim Jong Ill from flexing his muscle. Surely he knows he’d have the entire Red Army propping him up…

JohnM
Guest
JohnM

Or it might be the Red Army taking him down before we do. Speculation, but there is no love lost between China and North Korea and the last thing the Chinese want is the U.S. projecting power any further in their direction.

Matt
Guest
Matt

Hitler was a special case in that he really was a megalomaniac. Not everyone who makes a geopolitical move is. For example, Saddam Hussein likely wouldn’t have kept invading endlessly if he were not forced out of Kuwait. Sometimes a demand is a demand, and not just a pretext for obtaining absolute power. Thinking otherwise will inevitably lead to overreaction, whether against “progressives” or the latest Hitler on the international stage.

JP Stewart
Member
JP Stewart

That’s not really a fair comparison, though. World domination–at least for a little while–was a possibility for Hitler…especially if he played his cards right with Russia and Japan. Hussein and Kim John III know they’d get immediately squashed if they tried to take over the world. I’d wager that Kim John, Idi Amin and some others would try to do what Hitler did if they had the same alliances and resources.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

I read this fascinating article about some heavy duty crime the North Koreans are into. Did you know they are major money launderers?

Billtownphysics
Guest
Billtownphysics

When you demand something that you have no right to, you shouldn’t be appeased, whether you are Hitler, Saddam, or a 3-year old in the checkout line.

Jane
Member

I’m not sure what your definition is of “overt persecution,” but I find it interesting that you so blithely assume it hasn’t happened, when people have been driven out of business and financially ruined for exercising their religion in an unpopular way that did not cause material harm to anyone else.

Matt
Guest
Matt

The line actually is “overt persecution of the believing church in North America”. I agree that lack of definitions makes these kinds of claims hard to assess.

duellsquimby
Member

I don’t know if they released a memo, but there is enough activity to say a pattern is being formed. Fire Chief fired in Atlanta when he shared a Bible pamphlet he wrote with work friends. Bakers and Pizza joints getting set up with orders for catering to Gay ‘weddings’. Pharmacies being held to account for not carrying RU-486, regardless of the fact that the competing pharmacy down the street does. Air Force Officer charged with having an open Bible on his desk. Kids told they can’t talk about the Bible/Gospel in school as they might ‘influence’ others. Any one… Read more »

carandc
Member

This one comes to mind:

http://www.citizengo.org/en/sc/31827-texas-teacher-was-fired-refusing-cave-transgender-agenda

And this story from 8 years ago highlighted the present sexuality situation in its infancy:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91486340

The list at the end is especially chilling, considering we’ve had 8 more years since then of accumulated legal precedent.

Jane
Member

I’m not understanding — these things happened in North America. They happened to people who are of the church, because of their adherence to teaching of the church.

Matt
Guest
Matt

I took the quote to mean persecution of the church directly. The phrasing “Anyone who thinks that this trajectory we are on can end without overt
persecution of the believing church in North America is living in a
dream land.” implies that Wilson also believes this hasn’t yet begun.

Jane
Member

What is “persecution of the church directly”? Is there an instance in history where “the church” is persecuted exclusively by some means other than persecuting people who adhere to the teachings and practices of the church?

I doubt he meant that because that is an odd category. I can’t think of a time in which churches were burned and church gatherings suppressed while it was just fine to be a Christian publicly and overtly. Persecuting the church corporately and persecuting individuals for a consistent relationship with the church are not really distinct actions.

Matt
Guest
Matt

I assumed he meant actions directed at religious practice inside the church, such as banning sermons on homosexuality or similar, or even outright prohibiting certain denominations from existing. If he meant someone being fired for saying something Christian on facebook, or issues of religious freedom such as bakers/florists/photographers, then he wouldn’t have suggested that this was something for the future and not the present. So here is my summary of what I think Wilson thinks. Fining bakers et al is an issue of religious freedom, not persecution. A person can lack religious freedom without being persecuted. Despite not being persecution,… Read more »

Jane
Member

I doubt that you are right about how he separates “lack of religious freedom” and “religious persecution,” but I might be wrong as well.

WJ
Member

Matt, this isn’t hard to assess. Put on your thinking cap now:

Believers are being overtly persecuted in North America for their beliefs.

The church is comprised of believers.

Therefore, the church is being overtly persecuted.

ashv
Guest
ashv

The crux is not about listening to “people I don’t like”, it’s “people with power“. The people pushing the tranny stuff right now are succeeding because those who control the megaphone are aligned with them. There are material risks for publicly opposing them (negative press, at minimum) and no material benefits to doing so. This type of thing will go on so long as progressives retain the ability to reward their friends and punish their enemies.

adad0
Member

“..you never hear about all the times that negotiation and compromise avert conflicts,” Matt.

Please, do tell Matt!

Now’s your chance! ; – )

adad0
Member

In Philippians 3:8, where the Apostle Paul, counted his un-redeemed life as “dung”, what type of dung do we suppose it was?????
And, when it comes to dung, does type really make any difference?
It all seems like un-redeemed social policy to me. ????

drewnchick
Member

I really hope to see North Carolina thumb its nose at the NCAA. Or drop trou and moon them. Or something quite world shaking. Something truly unexpected but good, jolly fun. I don’t have any reason to hope that, given the lofty idol that is sports and the magnificent tithe this idol draws in every year. But every so often I get a glimpse of a State doing something right–like when Arizona decided to protect its southern border, or when Texas refused to take Federal money for yet another un-Constitutional blackmail. I hope because I want to see the Intoleristas… Read more »

insanitybytes22
Member

Hmm, well said indeed. We are called to stand up for goodness sakes, to stop capitulating to every single issue like plates of soggy pasta. I have to say however, that the path forward must involve having a good look at the logs in our own eyes. We can say we need more Churchills to fight the culture war but the uncomfortable truth is that we keep losing the culture war because we don’t have the moral upper hand. We ignore the outright racism within our own ranks and instead point fingers at homosexuals. We lament about the sinfulness of… Read more »

ashv
Guest
ashv

Racism isn’t a sin and sodomy is.

(If you want a Biblical parallel for Trump, consider Samson or Cyrus rather than Boaz or Jesus.)

insanitybytes22
Member

Racism is outright blasphemy. We were all made in God’s image and those who dehumanize others based on race are calling God a liar.

ashv
Guest
ashv

Who, exactly, are you accusing of this, and why?

insanitybytes22
Member

In this particular case, I am addressing your own words, “Racism isn’t a sin and sodomy is.” So, you are calling something rather evil, “not sin.” Given your flexibility on morality and your propensity to always make it align with your own ego, why in the world would anyone trust your ability to define morality for the rest of us?

That is why we are losing the culture war.

ashv
Guest
ashv

You are accusing me of blasphemy, something I consider very serious. For purposes of discussion we’ll assume that “dehumanizing others based on race” rises to that level of wickedness. What have I said that indicates I do or have done that?

insanitybytes22
Member

“My point is that my views on race aren’t founded on an emotional reaction, but on the evidence that Black Americans aren’t capable of building or maintaining a civilisation at the same level as Whites, and that if they are going to live together peaceably in the same country, this will necessarily involve Whites ruling over and providing for Blacks, including White suppression of Black violence.”
-ashv

That’s called dehumanizing others.

I have accused you of nothing. I’ve simply pointed out that racism is blasphemy. You stated it was not a sin at all. You are wrong.

ashv
Guest
ashv

LOL. You can call it that if you like. But am I wrong? If so, why?

And no, you don’t get to have it both ways. Either you’re accusing people of blasphemy or you aren’t. If you are, you can provide examples. If not, shut up.

adad0
Member

Leviticus 19:34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God. Memi, foreigners to Levitical Israel, would presumably be of a different race than Israel. If we call mis-treatment of foreigners “racism”, than racisim is a sin. One caution thought Memi, I don’t think you will see me issuing broad call-outs for particular sins, or broad calls for repentence, because I am not the Holy Spirit, and for the most part, I don’t know what your sins, or ashv’s are. I am… Read more »

insanitybytes22
Member

“…though you might want to be more careful about who you say is commiting sins. ”

Oh really?? Big fan of appeasement now, are you?

adad0
Member

No Memi, I think I established, by the Word, that racism is a sin. It’s just that after being falsely condenmed by someone in my local church, (not by you) I reccomend that everyone be very careful about making condemnations, although there is a Word grounded place for them, as my local church will discover. Even with regard to Wilson’s initial post here, I think he should name specific “evangelical leaders” and rebuke them legitimately for specific acts of “apeasement”, rather than issue a vauge, generalized complaint. Matthew 18 15 “If your brother or sister[b] sins,[c] go and point out… Read more »

insanitybytes22
Member

I haven’t accused anyone nor have I condemned anyone. Ash has clearly stated that racism is not sin, that it is not blasphemy, and he’s gone on to say that blacks are intellectually and genetically inferior to whites. Than everyone just stands there appeasing him as if his rubbish is somehow okay. That is the kind of hypocrisy that I cannot abide.

adad0
Member

So, we both understand, from the Word that racism is a sin.

I wonder how we talk ashv off that ledge, if it is even possible?

One other thought. If someone is wrong, or mistaken in an idea about race or gender,
I do think it is possilbe to be wrong, about some ideas, without being sinful.

While I don’t agree with many or any of ashv’s statements about race, some of them could be honest ignorance, others perhaps not.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Or a different view of the evidence, or a greater belief in the validity of standardized IQ tests. I disagree with his views on race much of the time, but I think it is not hateful to say there is a gap between blacks and whites on tests of abstract reasoning. I personally think there are reasons to account for this gap, including young teenage mothers, lack of prenatal care, lack of access to books, environmental stress, poor nutrition and so on.

bethyada
Member

If you’re going to call racism a sin you need to be specific about what you mean. Not everything called racism is a sin.

adad0
Member

B’, we agree on this. It is easier to explain using gender as an example. For some, any acknowledgement of gender differences is alleged “sexism”, but the statement of actual gender differences is not sexist, or sinful .

Katecho
Member

ME wrote:

Than everyone just stands there appeasing him as if his rubbish is somehow okay.

Hey, I’ve called ashv out when he has said blatantly racist things.

ashv
Guest
ashv

Are you scared of the truth?

Christopher
Member
Christopher

The real question about ashv is: is it sinfull to hate yankees?

OKRickety
Member

I’m more interested in whether it is sinful to hate the New York Yankees. :D

jonmnoel
Member

Clearly it is not, but is good and right. The question is whether it is sinful to root for them.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

I think it would be a shame for you to attack your constant defender, the one who has shown you unfailing charity.

Eagle_Eyed
Guest
Eagle_Eyed

What’s disgusting here is that you attack fellow believers for sins that are either non-existent (“racism”) or result from weakness (pornography among young men) yet downplay the sins of non-repentant sodomites and feminists. Get the log out indeed.

JP Stewart
Member
JP Stewart

Yep. Those who say married men need to “earn” sex (and go soft on wives who force husbands into involuntary celibacy) are the first to cast stones when those husbands turn to porn.

Eagle_Eyed
Guest
Eagle_Eyed

Yes, forgiveness is preached for open homosexuals who won’t confess their sinful acts but condemnation is preached toward Christian men who desire to be rid of their lustful hearts and addictions. Total inversion of values.

insanitybytes22
Member

“…condemnation is preached toward Christian men”

I’m not preaching condemnation, I’m preaching grace. It’s not as if God assigns extra credit points because people in the midst of porn addictions, gossip, hypocrisy, racism…remember to point fingers at a few feminists and homosexuals now and than.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

I will try to be serious and figure this out. Do you believe that Christians in the church have no right to oppose immoral conduct in the outside culture? Do you believe that, if I struggle with a particular sin issue, I am not allowed to say that any other behavior is sinful? If I gossip (which isn’t actually one of my major failings), does this mean I can’t say that I think the Bible bans gay sex? Given that any church is going to have its share of sinners, does this fact prevent the church addressing any other sin… Read more »

David
Guest
David

I’m new to the site, but just by reading, wow, wow. The first few comments are barely on point and ends with maybe the strangest comments I’ve read in a long time. It’s about how some sins are just from simple weakness, I’m so sorry all sinners who sin from simple weakness, oh hold on I think that’s one reason why we do sin is weakness. However, the other sins are from being real bad those are the real evil sins the others don’t count I guess. I would read Bart or Bonhoeffer it has a lot to with self… Read more »

insanitybytes22
Member

Believe it or not, my husband actually dislikes porn far more than I do. He says it tears down men and fills them with self loathing and envy.

insanitybytes22
Member

“….yet downplay the sins of non-repentant sodomites and feminists.”

That is because we wear Christ’s uniform and claim his name. As such we are called to a higher standards than “feminists and sodomites.” When Christ returns He doesn’t have a bone to pick with the “fems and sodomites,” He has a bone to pick with the churches.

JP Stewart
Member
JP Stewart

And the problem with conservative churches has nothing to do with the so-called “alt right.” The problems is they’ve become soft, compromising and feminized. Just look at worship in the majority of Evangelical churches, and even many Catholic ones.

Eagle_Eyed
Guest
Eagle_Eyed

Christ won’t judge unrepentant sinners? Does your Bible not include the last few chapters of Revelation?

Ilíon
Member

‘Me’ isn’t really “attack[ing] fellow believers” … because her religion is leftism.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

I’m not getting the logic here. Are you saying that in order to prevent men from startling little girls in public restrooms, we first have to accept homosexual behavior as okay? It sounds as if you are saying that we are losing the culture war against immorality because we insist that some behavior is immoral.

JP Stewart
Member
JP Stewart

“I’m not getting the logic here.” I’m not sure if there is any. It looks like a self-righteous attempt to prattle on about her pet issues.

bethyada
Member

I think that ME is pointing out would shouldn’t be judging those outside the church when we have problems inside the church?

insanitybytes22
Member

Yes. I’ve been trying for a long time to point out that to the outside world we look like a bunch of hypocrites with repressed sexual perversions of our own, a frequent propensity to sue one another, divorce rates that rival the secular world, and frequent outright racism. We don’t need more Churchills, we need more people to actually follow Christ.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

That makes sense. But there will always be problems in the church. If those problems deprive us of the right to make moral judgments about the society at large, then it is not just social conservatives who will be silenced.

bethyada
Member

I wasn’t necessarily agreeing with her (though she has a valid point), I was trying to explain what others were missing.

Eagle eye has a point too.

Are we speaking to those inside or outside the church?

And to those outside, are they they the sick or the defiant?

And when we speak to the defiant, are we speaking to them directly, or showing up their folly and wickedness to observers who may be influenced by temptation to evil?

insanitybytes22
Member

“It sounds as if you are saying that we are losing the culture war against immorality because we insist that some behavior is immoral.”

I’m saying we’re losing the culture war because we’re very selective with our outrage over sin. We sidle up to outright racists in our midsts, while pointing fingers at the transgendered.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

But surely the whole point of Doug’s post was to condemn the societal acceptance of transgenderism. If not, what point was he trying to make?

Bro. Steve
Guest
Bro. Steve

Fight! Fight! Fight!
By doing what, exactly? Boycotting Target? (Check.) Staying out of the government schools? (Check.) Preaching the Word? (Check.)
I need specifics, bro. I got the emotions down, and my hair is fully engulfed in flame.
But now what? We’re in the middle of a cultural avalanche. When everything around me is accelerating downhill, what’s my strategy?

insanitybytes22
Member

Repentance, but that’s always such an unpopular suggestion. :)

ashv
Guest
ashv

Even our enemies believe that national repentance is the most important issue of the day. The conflict is over what, exactly, should be repented of.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

You’re right. I have been exhorted to repent of my carbon footprint, my privileged assumptions, my callous indifference to the plight of nameless strangers in places I can’t find on a map, and my failure to sort my garbage. I am always willing to repent for these as long as reformation isn’t imposed on me as well.

adad0
Member

Whoops jilly! You left out calls for repentance for your intellect, gender and ethnicity! The accuser hates everything good about us God created individuals!????????

ashv
Guest
ashv

Raise your kids to love Jesus, love their families, and teach them to regard the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence as idols of the false god of Americanism. Progressivism is in the middle of tearing itself apart; the main thing we have to do is continue existing and not surrender.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Off topic, but did the founding fathers really go around saying “We have no king but Jesus”? I have been reading Jefferson, Adams, and Hamilton lately, and I simply can’t imagine this.

Capndweeb
Guest
Capndweeb

Jilly, yes they did. http://www.faithofourfathers.net/johnadams.html With all due respect to ashv, some would have it not be so.

ashv
Guest
ashv

If you can find a credible source for that quote I’d love to see it. (Founding Fathers seem to accumulate a bunch of unsourced quotes, unfortunately.)

ashv
Guest
ashv

by “source” I mean “attribution to a primary source” — who originally recorded this quote, and when? Specifically: did anyone attribute this quote to Adams before 2001?

adad0
Member

A’, it seems possible that Adams did not make a “We have no king but Jesus” quote in the context of your link, but it does sound like someone said that at that time. Also, Adams made scads of supportive Judeo-Chhristian quotes, as the Cap’t relates. Quotes of the sort that would be frowned upon today, because some people wrongly think that separation of church and state, is the same thing as separation of God and state. Those are not the same thing however, Americans allege that we are “endowed” with or own national awesomeness, by our self evident Creator.

ashv
Guest
ashv

I agree it sounds that way. It’s certainly nice-sounding. But it rather goes against the whole argument the revolutionaries made to legitimise their rebellion (that is, that they were rebelling against Parliament but not the King). So I remain unconvinced.

adad0
Member

A’, check out the Declaration of Independence . It is written primarily against the king, and secondarily against the “legislature “, parliament.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Jefferson addressed the king primarily as a rhetorical device. The evil usurper and tyrant King George was a much more compelling figure to hate than “that wicked and barbaric prime minister Frederick North.” But, in reality, George III was a constitutional monarch. He was not responsible for the 27 egregious offenses listed in the DOI.

adad0
Member

Thanks Jilly! I was responding to ashv saying the colonies were rebeling against the parliament, not the king. You seem to be adding the PM in to the mix! In any event, we got our independance from the lot of them! ; – )

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

You did. My country had to wait for another 90 years. On the good side, no one died. On an equally good side, William and Kate are visiting Vancouver this week. The usual malcontents were complaining about the cost until somebody calculated that having the Queen as head of state costs each Canadian taxpayer $4 a year.

adad0
Member

Wow! Sounds like the Old Girl is a pretty good deal! ; – )

Oh! Do you think Canada would take Hillary off our hands for $4 a year? ; – )

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

No. She isn’t funny enough.

adad0
Member

How ironic that a liberal democrat can also be a white elephant!????

OKRickety
Member

“Quotes of the sort that would be frowned upon today, because some people wrongly think that separation of church and state, is the same thing as separation of God and state.”

Thanks for stating that difference. I don’t think I’ve heard it before.

adad0
Member

Rick, God is like totally under-rated!????

But seriously, a good way to make the point, that “God”, The Self Evident Creator, and “church” are not the same thing, is to ask any critic, “So,…..what church does God even go to? Did God tell you He goes to that church?”

God is orders of magnitude greater than party politics or denominational politics, and is, according to the original Americans , the grantor of our inalienable rights. The constitution then enumerates what those endowed rights are.????????????

Ilíon
Member

The US Constitution does not establish a secular state — that would be post-revolutionary France — but rather a non-sectarian state. The Constitution pre-supposes (Protestant) Christianity, while not coming down on the side of any particular Christian sect.

Laurie Higgins
Guest
Laurie Higgins

There are so many things Christians can do: 1. Talk about these issues with friends, neighbors, family members and church members–including leaders. 2. Ask your church leaders to teach on issues related to sodomy, marriage, the meaning of biological sex, modesty, privacy, and biological-sex rejection. Ask them to help members of their flocks understand the secular arguments used to normalize sexual perversion (which would include the ways non-Christians misuse Scripture to confuse Christians). Christians are ill-equipped to refute the assumptions embedded in Leftist rhetoric and, therefore, they remain silent or even are persuaded by foolish and internally contradictory Leftist arguments.… Read more »

Laurie Higgins
Guest
Laurie Higgins

I hope and pray that this post goes viral. Thank you, Doug, for everything.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

I tend to take arguments at face, rather than symbolic, value which leads me to sometimes miss the point. Is opposition to transgendered people in restrooms primarily based on the risk they might pose, or is the real issue the government’s giving recognition to transgenderism as real and/or morally neutral? If the first, there seem to be equal risk in making people use the restroom which corresponds with the gender on their birth certificate. It is assumed that a man who surgically and cosmetically looks like a woman is a risk to girls in restrooms. Yet I have never heard… Read more »

Andrew Kelly
Guest
Andrew Kelly

Molestation of boys is an issue, but let’s be honest: girls are far more attractive and at-risk targets.

One of the primary issues that the NC law addresses by requiring people to use the restroom aligned with their birth sex is that this allows a woman to call the police if a man is in her bathroom, and the police can actually press charges. If people are allowed to use whichever restroom they want, there is no longer any legal protection for those who are exposed to creeps.

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

Jilly, if I had to bet money on it, my bet would be that it’s 95% hostility to the transgendered and 5% genuine concern for the safety of little girls. Statistically, a transgendered person is far more likely to be attacked in a bathroom than to attack someone else in a bathroom, by a factor of something like 15-1, so how much of a real problem is this? If a creep is in the bathroom for illicit reasons, there are ways to deal with that particular creep, and someone who is looking to molest little girls probably won’t be deterred… Read more »

ashv
Guest
ashv

Focus on the matador, not the cape. The hostility is towards the people who demand that mental illness and perversion be treated as normal and healthy.

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

You may think they are mentally ill and perverted and, for sake of argument, let’s even assume you’re right (though i disagree with you). They nevertheless exist, and public policy has to sort out how to protect their physical safety, while at the same time protecting the physical safety of everyone else. The data all indicates that they are far more likely to be victims than to victimize others. That being the case, there will be fewer violent incidents if they are allowed to use the bathroom they are most comfortable with, and if all they do is use the… Read more »

ashv
Guest
ashv

You prioritise the comfort of a few thousand perverts over the preservation of civilised behaviour. This is, rightly, a cause for hostility towards people like you.

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

So being able to go to the bathroom without having to worry about being punched in the face is a mere convenience? And in this case, civilization is very much in the eye of the beholder.

ashv
Guest
ashv

If your perversions cause you to worry about that sort of thing, stay home. If you can’t be normal, at least pretend while you’re in public.

I am not surprised that you believe that reality is subjective, given your other stated beliefs.

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

Who said anything about reality being subjective? If someone thinks he’s Napoleon, he is objectively wrong, but it is also objectively true that he *thinks* he’s Napoleon, and there’s probably no changing his mind, and he’s likely not even aware that he’s delusional. However, unless he’s actually hurting someone, I don’t see any real reason to make him miserable by forcing him into a box that won’t fit. If he wants to think he’s Napoleon, let him. I am actually not completely decided how I feel about transgenderism except that it’s probably more complicated than you appreciate. But again, they’re… Read more »

ashv
Guest
ashv

As a self-proclaimed utilitarian it doesn’t surprise me that you make “happiness” your standard. I don’t see why you expect us to respect that, though.

Your argument fails even on those grounds, though, since no one has said anything about telling trannies what to think, merely how to behave as part of civilised society.

Steve H
Guest
Steve H

If our Napoleon character was riding a horse around and slashing his sword in the wind, there is a good chance that he (or she) would be committed. It might be complicated, but bathrooms are not a good place to figure it out.

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

If someone is a danger to himself or those around him, then yes, but as someone who used to represent clients with mental health issues I can tell you that you have to do a lot more than ride a horse and slash a sword in the wind for the mental health system to even notice you. If you’re slashing someone else with your sword, that’s different. And as with the transgendered it really comes down to what harm is being caused or even threatened. If a man in a dress goes into the women’s room, enters a stall, relieves… Read more »

Steve H
Guest
Steve H

I take it that you find those who want to (or do) slash their genitals off as not harming themselves or others? A person who does or entertains these things would be unhinged and possibly fit for no public restroom. I do agree that a transvestite may not rape or expose itself to fellow stall warmers, but it certainly makes people feel uncomfortable in a vulnerable place. Furthermore, you would have to agree some pervs are totally gonna put a moomoo on to catch a little eye action or worse.

JohnM
Guest
JohnM

What is anyone doing that would provoke face punching?

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

If you are transgendered, often just showing up.

JohnM
Guest
JohnM

Is it obvious when someone is transgendered, and if so, what makes it obvious? Some of the arguments I read imply there is really not all that much to take note of. Are the transgendered, after all, really so obtrusive as to incite violence?

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Gender reassignment surgery has been going on since the 1960s, yet somehow we have survived until now. After surgery, hormones, and full body electrolysis (which ought to deter anyone who is contemplating this casually), there is nothing so obvious as to make a woman believe that a man is using a public restroom, or vice versa. These people must have been using public restrooms for the last fifty years without there being a major firestorm. I think the issue is whether a man who has not transitioned, but who believes he is trapped in the wrong body, has a right… Read more »

JohnM
Guest
JohnM

If these people have been using public restrooms for the last fifty years without there being a major firestorm then no one has been getting punched in the face over it. If they are more likely to be assaulted now, and I don’t know if that is the case, it is because they choose to draw attention to themselves. People don’t get angry over things that escape their attention.

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

It depends on how far along in the process someone is. And some are better at passing than others.

Jane
Member

I have asked this question repeatedly in multiple places, and have never gotten an answer.

How does someone get punched in the face for quietly using a bathroom stall in the bathroom that conforms to their outward appearance? And how can a person be deprived of the ability to use a bathroom that conforms to their outward appearance, law or no law?

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

Jane, because there is a certain type of insecure male who feels threatened by someone who is different than he is, and who has to prove his masculinity by beating people he regards as his inferiors. It’s not that different conceptually from white mobs that used to go “niggering”, or men who smack women around, or gay bashers. Here’s what it looks like:

http://time.com/3999348/transgender-murders-2015/

Steve H
Guest
Steve H

I agree perverts should stay out of all public restrooms.

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

First, transgenders aren’t perverts, and second, where do they relieve themselves if they can’t use public restrooms? Do they go behind the nearest bush?

Steve H
Guest
Steve H

Well, your 2nd point clearly follows your first and that is where my argument lies. We should not be in the business of asking which bathroom perverts should use. The only course of action is to repent, put on new clothes and then take a dump in the only 2 options available. Once you normalize perversion the dominos go.

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

As I said at the beginning of this thread, it’s attitudes like that that make the larger culture increasingly tell your part of the culture to drop dead.

Steve H
Guest
Steve H

So it goes…

Steve H
Guest
Steve H

What exactly is your working definition of pervert?

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Someone who engages in sexual activity that might make me blush or say “You did what? Which covers virtually everything that a nice Victorian lady would have found shocking. But, seriously, it is a difficult question. I think the Bible provides guidance but it doesn’t cover every situation. My church forbids some sexual conduct between married couples that some Protestants might find morally innocent. It is not a word I use much because it tends not to distinguish between the mental state and the conduct. An urge might be “perverted,” in the sense of unhealthy or out of compliance with… Read more »

Steve H
Guest
Steve H

Google: “(of a thing) having been corrupted or distorted from its original course, meaning, or state.”
Sexuality is perverted only once we understand its ontology. Most words are reference points.
One can be perverted for many reasons, these reasons do not change the pervertedness. The amputee is just as much an amputee; diabetic or soldier.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

I can understand the use of the word perverted in that sense. A desire to eat cat food is a perversion of the normal appetite (unless one is a cat).

Jennie
Member

Definition of perversion:
1. the alteration of something from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended.

At what point did cutting off one’s penis and testicles, which have a real and observable purpose, become normative?

Katecho
Member

Krychek_2 wrote:

Do they go behind the nearest bush?

Only if they self-identify and outwardly conform to the appearance of a bear.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

I think Jane’s point is that this issue would never arise if people used the restroom that comports with their physical appearance. Do I think that a man who has completed transgender surgery, and who looks like a woman, should be compelled to use the men’s bathroom? Of course not, and I agree he might be at risk. But presumably such a person would never be suspected of being in the wrong restroom in the first place. If this is a real issue, it presumably involves those men who identify as women who have not yet transitioned. The fear I… Read more »

Steve H
Guest
Steve H

Once we have normalized the perverse, all sorts of new issues pop up. What bathroom should I use while shopping naked at Target? Answer: none, I should be arrested.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Strangely, I did encounter a man in the women’s dressing room at my local Target a month or so ago. He was not transgendered, and was shopping with his wife. And, while I did not feel threatened (Target monitors its dressing rooms fairly closely), I did not like it. It prevents traditional female behavior like popping out in one’s slip.

Steve H
Guest
Steve H

Gonna have to give up on that traditional privilege Jilly…

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

You know, on reflection, that was very odd. Why would a wife be okay with her husband trying on clothes in the ladies’ dressing room? They looked middle aged and very ordinary. I have said this before, but my dear father who was very conservative also had a wicked sense of humor. I often imagine him looking down from above, alternately shaking his head and snickering at the lunacy below him.

Ilíon
Member

Of course not, and I agree he might be at risk.

Only if he *told* others that he’s really a man, and even then it’s doubtful that anyone would assault him. Just because leftists make a claim, that doesn’t mean it’s true. And, since leftists are making it, it’s at least as likely to be false as to be (narrowly) true.

Do you have any idea how frequently women invade the men’s room at public venues when they think the lines in the women’s rooms aren’t moving fast enough? And we men are expected to put up with it.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

I had no idea!

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

And do you have any idea how many actual physical assaults on the transgendered there are?

Ilíon
Member

I know *exactly* how many there are, you lying leftist — zero.

Jane
Member

A certain type of insecure male who beats up whom? Of course there are violent idiots out there who will hurt certain kinds of people. My question is, how do they know who those people are? Why would a person who looks like a man and uses the men’s restroom get beaten up? If she’s actually a woman, she’s not going to be using the urinals anyway. So how is anyone going to know? Scenario 1: man identifies as woman, looks like woman, uses ladies room. No men there to beat him up. Scenario 2: man identifies as woman, looks… Read more »

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

It depends on how far along in the process they are. If someone has already had surgery, you probably won’t know. If someone is just starting and hasn’t even begun hormone treatment yet, you will notice.

Jane
Member

Again, notice what? If someone hasn’t even begun hormone treatment, that person will resemble his actual sex. So who’s going to beat him up for using that bathroom? And what would be the advantage of using the other one? It might be a little trickier halfway through the process, but again, I would think in the vast majority of cases a person could choose to conform his appearance and behavior when it’s necessary to use the bathroom, in a way that would avoid violence. That still seems on the whole a better approach than depriving everyone else in the world… Read more »

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

I wish we could take on the even larger issue as to what degree the general society must accommodate the needs of tiny minorities. Must a tiny Inuktitut-speaking community in the frozen North keep French-speaking interpreters on hand to comply with a national policy of bilingualism or should common sense prevail? There is now a general unquestioned assumption that the mere assertion of a special need trumps the interests of the public at large. Your need to have your therapy cat on your lap during a flight trumps anyone else’s cat allergy hands down. (Yes, there are therapy cats, and… Read more »

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

At some point in the process (and that point may well be different for every person) there will be a twilight zone in which the person is still identifiable to at least the careful observer as anatomically male while already being feminine enough to risk personal injury by going into the men’s room. Even if I agree with you about the outer boundaries, that mid-point will come sooner or later. And candidly, since women’s bathrooms have private stalls rather than urinals, this shouldn’t bother anyone. The only way any woman’s privacy will be violated is if someone is peeking through… Read more »

drewnchick
Member

Yep, that’s why they put doors on the stalls, so nobody can tell whether you’re a man or a woman.” So unless you come from the Land of Doorless Stalls where everybody gathers around the floor drain, there really is nothing to worry about. If you’re a guy but chose to stuff a bra and wear a dress, then go to the ladies’ room. If you also have a scruffy beard, then you probably should find a tree. Or pee at home. At any rate, there’s quite literally NO REASON to invent a third set of bathrooms or worry about… Read more »

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

I agree there is no reason for a third set of bathrooms; the transgendered can use the stalls in whichever bathroom makes them feel comfortable.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Because this is not the issue. There are those who are demanding that a man who is even remotely contemplating transgender surgery be allowed to use women’s bathrooms. There are those who want to abolish gender designations on bathrooms and everywhere else. And, unfortunately, there are those whose hostility to those who suffer from this delusion makes them wiling to see them come to harm. Which they probably would not feel about any other kind of mental illness. It is probable that you and I have shared a public restroom with someone who was born male and has undergone gender… Read more »

Ilíon
Member

psst: the word you want isn’t ‘gender’, it’s ‘sex’ — the word ‘gender’ is part of the leftist-created problem … to use the word ‘gender’, rather than the word ‘sex’, is to *already* surrender the issue to the leftists.

Jane
Member

Agreed. I’m just trying to pin Krycheck down.

Abraham_Franklin
Guest
Abraham_Franklin

Krychek_2, even if all men with sexual dysphoria are perfectly harmless, if we let them use little girls’ bathrooms then we’re also enabling truly predatory men to enter little girls’ bathrooms.

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

Truly predatory men will do what truly predatory men do regardless.

Katecho
Member

Krychek_2 wrote: Truly predatory men will do what truly predatory men do regardless. The next phase of perversion and folly will be to self-identify as a predator, such as a bear or lion, etc. Since predators will do what predators will do, regardless, then the only way to keep people safe is to provide predators with their own restroom. Clearly Krychek_2 has not yet added non-binary to his LGBTQWX. What about the people who get assaulted for going into either the men’s or the women’s bathroom? Why does Krychek_2 force them to make themselves prey by choosing male or female?… Read more »

insanitybytes22
Member

“And this is a perfect example of why the culture in increasingly simply telling those of your theological bent, less and less diplomatically, to take a hike.” I’m afraid this is quite true. I share the same theological bent and yet even I am compelled to tell people to take a hike. I think I read a dozen real news articles today about Christians in positions of authority recently molesting children, in the church, in schools. And yet we obsess over the dangers children might face in public restrooms from the transgendered. I hate lies and that one just rings… Read more »

WJ
Member

“Other people’s reality”?

Seriously, Krychek? Do you really believe that people, especially of the sexually-confused variety, can make up their own reality?

You in the market for some ocean-front property in Arizona?

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

I did not say that reality is subjective. See my Napoleon comments below.

WJ
Member

Pop quiz: Is Bruce Jenner a woman?

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

Yes. Next question?

WJ
Member

Wait a minute there, champ. Didn’t you just say that “If someone thinks he’s Napoleon, he is objectively wrong, but it is also objectively true that he *thinks* he’s Napoleon, and there’s probably no changing his mind, and he’s likely not even aware that he’s delusional”? Weren’t you the one who said that reality isn’t subjective? How is it that someone can think he’s Napoleon and be objectively wrong, yet think he’s a woman and be objectively right? Just so we’re clear, I’m not using the personal pronoun in the generic sense. Remember your high school biology? Last I checked,… Read more »

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

Don’t know what year you took high school biology, but the idea that sex is a binary XX versus XY has been considered over-simplistic by biologists for a while now. That does not conform to observations in either humans or other animals.

Is a hermaphrodite male or female?

WJ
Member

Krychek, repeat after me: Bruce Jenner is not a hermaphrodite. What’s with all the fallacies? Is your worldview so intrinsically weak that you have to resort to the tired, predictable trope of bringing irrelevant hermaphrodites into the discussion? …the idea that sex is a binary XX versus XY has been considered over-simplistic by biologists for a while now. Technically, yes. However, there’s one very important thing you (and the headline writers) are leaving out: This claim is made solely because individuals with DSD — Disorder of Sex Development — exist. Around 0.1% of the population has this disorder, so to… Read more »

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

I have not seen Bruce Jenner’s chromosome test results, and suspect neither have you, but your bluster aside, the problem is that the presence of even one hermaphrodite anywhere on the planet destroys your argument that sex is binary. You can fulminate all you like, but “technically yes” is still a yes. And, within Doug’s paradigm, if hermaphrodites exist, they do so because that’s how God made them. But even if I were to accept your premise that it is binary and the transgendered are simply mentally ill, the fact remains that they do exist, they believe themselves to be… Read more »

WJ
Member

Krychek, this is what you said in a comment talking about reparative therapy to someone else in another thread: A single individual is an outlier and no, we don’t make rules based on outliers. That’s because where one person’s experience is so different from everyone else’s, the likelihood is that there’s an alternative explanation for it. Let us suppose, hypothetically, that reparative therapy works in 5% of the cases. At bare minimum, you need to find out why the numbers are so low before making a claim that gay people can change. Perhaps, at a bare minimum, you need to… Read more »

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

For most of the population sex probably is binary, but for the percentage that isn’t, that’s not helpful. But back up a minute. The public policy issue here is not that some people are transgendered. It is the reaction of other people to the transgendered. So from that perspective, it doesn’t matter if it’s a disorder or not. Suppose I think that I’m a dog. I bark. I chase squirrels. I walk on four limbs. I eat dog food out of a dish on the floor. Clearly that is disordered. But it’s not the type of disorder that’s likely to… Read more »

Christopher
Member
Christopher

“Even if I start doing something really and truly obnoxious, like relieve myself in other people’s front yards, they may call the police but they’re not going to attack me physically.”

I wouldn’t be too confident about that, but even so there’s a good chance the police would physicaly attack.

WJ
Member

Krychek, assault is assault, whether the victim is sexually confused or not. In case you haven’t noticed, we already have laws on the books that deal with assault and murder. Or are you trying to make rules based on outliers again? I noticed that you mentioned something about the sexually-confused provoking an angry reaction in a certain type of male — you might want to check your sexism, and possibly your racism there, pal. It’s unbecoming, and you should be embarrassed. But we’re not talking about the infinitesimally small percentage of the population that are intersex. We’re talking about people… Read more »

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

No, I’m trying to provide a safe place for the transgendered to pee. Your attempts to multiply verbiage to confuse the issue don’t change that that is the very simple question: Should someone who is transgendered be able to perform a basic bodily function without having to worry about being assaulted. That assault is illegal is small comfort to someone who has just been assaulted.

Christopher
Member
Christopher

“No, I’m trying to provide a safe place for the transgendered to pee.”

Then go with my idea of making all barhrooms single occupancy.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Tell people to go before they leave the house.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Jane raised this point earlier this week. A person who has completely transitioned is not going to have any problem using the restroom of the gender he believes himself to be. Even in states which say he or she can’t, nobody is going to know. I might think that a woman in my public restroom was unusually masculine in her appearance, but I actually doubt I would even notice. If I did, I would not assume any masculine traits were due to transgendered status. Would you agree that this is true so far? When I imagine TGs getting beaten up… Read more »

WJ
Member

Are you deliberately avoiding the question, or are you simply this obtuse? I asked you if you’re going to stick with your assertion that Bruce Jenner is a woman, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. However, there is a reason you won’t answer the question: You don’t like the implications. But enough of your con-artistry. There isn’t a pressing need to make the sexually-confused live out their fantasies at the expense of women and children. A so-called “transgendered’s” ability to pee might not be hindered so much if they would simply accept their biological sex and live their lives… Read more »

antexw
Member

Great logic!
15 or more trannies will get beat up for every 1 little girl being molested, therefore, we can’t have such laws to protect little girls from being molested.

Yes, indeed, as ashv wrote, you reap so well the hostility towards you and your unrepentant kind (Ps 139:21-22) — being darkened in understanding, excluded from the life of God (Eph 4:18).

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

North Carolina’s law will not prevent little girls from being molested. It’s not the transgendered who molest little girls.

antexw
Member

Amazing.
What would someone have to know to be able to justify the negative universal claim:
“It’s not the trangendered who molest little girls” ?

Also, as an aside read “5 Times ‘Transgender’ Men Abused Women And Children In Bathrooms”.

Surprise us with not trying to backpedal from your Baalshit claims/lies.

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

Well, you can look at the statistics of who molests little girls. They are at far greater statistical risk from their fathers and their mothers’ boyfriends.

And yes, you can no doubt find individual instances of just about anything, but the plural of anecdote is not data. And the data goes in the other direction.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Antecho, were the attackers men who have undergone reassignment surgery and who look like women, or were they falsely claiming to be transgendered for the purpose of attacking women and children?

Abraham_Franklin
Guest
Abraham_Franklin

“transgendered biological male is asking for trouble if he uses the men’s room”

You’re more worried about the safety of crossdressing men than of little girls.

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

I haven’t seen any evidence that transgendered biological males pose any threat to little girls. The data all points to the transgendered being at risk of being assaulted.

Ilíon
Member

… and also lying.

Eagle_Eyed
Guest
Eagle_Eyed

Makes you wonder what trannies do to warrant the wrath of fellow bathroom goers. Must be something really sick. Or why they want to openly flaunt their deviancy if it is likely to get them beaten up.

Krychek_2
Guest
Krychek_2

I bet that when a man beats his wife, you think that’s her fault too. She must have done something to provoke him, right?

Katecho
Member

Krychek_2 wrote: I bet that when a man beats his wife, you think that’s her fault too. She must have done something to provoke him, right? Of course Krychek_2 is just trying to deflect and shut down the question, but he is actually just informing us that he refuses to even look for an answer, or to even inquire whether there was provocation. It is almost as if Krychek_2 assumes that wives never provoke their husbands to violence. One need not defend violence against cross-dressers or wives in order to inquire whether there was provocation. Even a cow will kick… Read more »

Eagle_Eyed
Guest
Eagle_Eyed

There are multiple principles in play here, but what social conservatives are trying to prevent is the normalization of deviant sexual identity. The concept of masculinity and femininity has a deep biological basis, is not merely taught but also presupposed by holy scripture, allows people to relate to the world in an understandable way, etc. They may not be able to verbalize this, but they intuit a deep wrongness with the erasure of male and female and can foresee obvious problems for a society that operates under gender anarchy. Unfortunately social conservatives have by and large taken the discourse of… Read more »

insanitybytes22
Member

“There are multiple principles in play here, but what social conservatives are trying to prevent is the normalization of deviant sexual identity.”

Step one,social conservatives need to stop competing for the status of most deviant. The way it looks in the world right now social conservatives are simply saying, our perversions are vastly superior to yours.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

How are social conservatives competing for the status of most deviant? That would suggest that “Hey, I’m more sexually deviant that you’ll ever think of being” would carry some kind of status. I believe that some social conservatives struggle with sexual urges they condemn in themselves and in others as deviant. Most of them probably carry this reality as a shameful secret. If you have evidence that any social conservative has boasted about his own particular weirdness, let alone announced its superiority to someone else’s, it would make interesting reading. As in, “Let’s enter the deviance sweepstakes. You may like… Read more »

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

I appreciated your clear-headed analysis. I view the belief one has been born into the wrong gender as a kind of delusion. I have sympathy for those who suffer from it, just as I have sympathy for emaciated people who think they are fat. I don’t have sympathy for those who encourage these sufferers in their distorted thinking for the purpose of advancing an agenda. I think you are right, though I hadn’t given it much thought, that the issue is the obliteration of gender distinctions. But I think it is futile to fight the battle on the bathroom level.… Read more »

Katecho
Member

jillybean wrote: But I think it is futile to fight the battle on the bathroom level. Don’t think of it as a new battle. Think of it as another hill that was not yet counted as lost ground due to the previous lost battle. Or think of it as the “I told you so” when the progressive asserts that the sexual revolution is only between consenting adults and doesn’t affect anyone else. The bathroom strong-arming is just another manifestation of the “bake that cake” strong-arm tactic. Consenting adults? Yeah right. Christians may try to throw some roadblocks in front of… Read more »

ashv
Guest
ashv

So far as I can tell the arguments about danger to women/girls in restrooms are about pointing out the inconsistency between current and previous positions of progressives — the presence of women’s public restrooms being a victory achieved by the suffragette generation, now in effect being reversed. Overall I don’t think this is a worthwhile rhetorical line of attack since it relies on enemy sympathisers caring about historical consistency more than winning.

Jonathan
Guest
Jonathan

The danger issue, especially as Doug presents it here, is a lie made for the sake of trying to gain the “high moral ground” in an argument. The difference between what actual molesters will actually do before and after this law is passed is almost certainly going to be meaningless. It requires the molester to pretend to be a transvestite, in order to find a young stranger girl going into a bathroom alone, which must be an empty bathroom, who wasn’t already doing that before the law anyway, and all that could be happening 10x easier in boys bathrooms anyway.… Read more »

Katecho
Member

Jonathan wrote: The bathroom issue is being way overblown by both sides. Doug didn’t really emphasize it here as he has elsewhere, but the more practical implications will be worked out in the bathrooms and shower rooms of the government schools. This is where the future perverts will be made, as they are shown how easy it is to game the progressive agenda to feed their newly discovered lusts (and progressives will dutifully pretend to be shocked). Junior high bathroom roulette is just a gateway drug. Where do they get their thrill after college? The corner gymnasium? Remember when progressives… Read more »

Jonathan
Guest
Jonathan

I might be misinterpreting you. Are you suggesting that highly sexualized heterosexual boys near the beginning of puberty are going to start pretending to be girls so that they can have access to the restrooms of girls their own age? And is this related to pedophila in some way that I’m missing? Or do you mean something else?

Katecho
Member

I was just pointing out that Jonathan is incorrect to suggest that the issue is overblown. It’s not just about bathrooms, but also public showers involving minors as well as adults.

Capndweeb
Guest
Capndweeb

“We have now reached the apex of what our modern progressive thought-thinkers are now maintaining, which is that you can’t throw eggs at the sidewalk without breaking a few eggs.” <–Somewhere, a feminist is seething over this sentence.

Ilíon
Member

Pshaw! Feminists are *always* seething, somewhere. Finding a feminist who isn’t seething would be like walking in on the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Santa Claus having a tea party.

Capndweeb
Guest
Capndweeb

…or Jilly torturing kittens.

David
Guest
David

So I’m Asian and I majored in both Biology and Chemistry as an undergraduate. I’m now in law school because while it’s more difficult for Asians to be admitted to law schools than any other group, it’s much much much more difficult to be admitted to Medical schools. 99% percentile on the MCAT is minimum for Asians. While I think there is some weight to the argument that Asians need to appreciate the fact they are even allowed to apply to institutions they didn’t create, there must be a time Asians can say “statute of limitation is up and it’s… Read more »

JP Stewart
Member
JP Stewart

Yep, the system is harder on Asians than anyone else. However, I know of a med school that’s very difficult for white males to get into. Apparently, it’s filling up with people who meet quotas but need lots of special attention and classes to pass their classes. Yes, the same people who may be doing surgery on you one day, Comforting, huh?

David
Guest
David

Average Ivy League schools have about 60% whites. If you take out the 20-30% jewish, and take our white female representation, white males are definitely being squeezed. With the gay thing going on, I have to say our society is extremely anti-masculine.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Are you suggesting that you don’t think Jewish men are white males?

David
Guest
David

I’m saying European white males are under-represented in Ivies if we do a correct comparison (European population in US v. European representation). Jews got in on merit, I think it’s great. I admire them.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Sorry to be snappish! I will order my knee to quit jerking.

Evan
Guest
Evan

I hear ya, that’s why I keep my comments to a bare minimum.

“19Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. 21Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.” James 1:19-21

I repeat this to myself at least 5 times before I post a comment. :)

adad0
Member

I always think, “well, God does have some poor angel writing down this entire, pathetic conversation”, will I be good with it, when it is read back to me? ????????

Evan
Guest
Evan

Makes me shudder to think. May God have mercy on us.

adad0
Member

I think you’ll be ok with your above comment!????????

40 ACRES & A KARDASHIAN
Guest
40 ACRES & A KARDASHIAN

Jilly, next time you’re with one of your Jewish relatives, tell them how awful you think it is that Hitler killed six million white people.

Let us know how that goes over.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Okay. I just ran that past my daughter who agreed that it is awful that Hitler killed six million white people who were Jewish. She also added that it was awful he killed so many white people who were disabled, Slavs, gays, Catholics and Lutherans who resisted him, intellectuals, and labor leaders. I am not sure exactly what your point is, but when you look at Gwyneth Paltrow or Sean Penn, do you seriously see them as non-white? PS. She would be equally outraged if he had killed six million blacks or Asians. I did not succeed in passing on… Read more »

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Only the first paragraph of each article will load for me, and I don’t know what you’re directing me to. Is there another link?

ashv
Guest
ashv

The comparison of the headlines is the point. The predominant Jewish attitude in the USA and Europe has been “nationalism for me but not for thee”, and to identify as white when giving criticism of white America but not when receiving it. For example this article by a Jewish author: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-benn/towards-a-concept-of-whit_b_7985986.html

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Thank you, I will go back and try again.

David
Guest
David

I think Jews are a huge blessing for the world. Genesis 22: 18 “In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.” Sure it refers to Jesus. But wouldn’t you say Mendelssohn is a great blessing? and a multitude of others?

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

I do feel bad for responding to your first post so snarkily. My experience as a woman who married into a Jewish family, and who has become the mother of a half-Jewish daughter, has sometimes made me overly sensitive to perfectly innocent statements. Again, I do apologize.

David
Guest
David

Happy for you and your family!

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

I remember reading somewhere that slightly over half of current medical school students in the U.S. are female. Do you think this is the result of a deliberate admissions policy,and if so, is it publicly disclosed?

In my HMO’s urgent care centers, I have encountered a lot of doctors who were trained abroad, usually in India, sometimes in Canada. I am wondering why there seems to be a shortage of doctors who were trained here. What is preventing the establishment of more medical schools, or increasing the size of the existing ones?

David
Guest
David

I don’t know if there is a policy favoring females. But if females are more qualified than males (because they are more hardworking or smarter) when admitted, why shouldn’t they have a bigger slice in medical school representation? The fact that females represent more than 50% medical school students doesn’t weaken the argument for pure meritocracy. When fairness and equality conflict, I think fairness should win, otherwise we tend to have a communist society. I don’t care if 90% medical students are females.

I don’t know the answer for the second question.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

I agree with you on meritocracy. I think quotas are odious.

Katecho
Member

It’s important to be aware of when meritocracy begins, and to question how merit is determined at that stage. There are differences between young boys and young girls that are selected and rewarded/penalized at a very early age by a certain type of education system that also happens to be a monopoly system in the U.S.. When children are invited to draw, young girls will often draw pictures of family members (representing relationships), while young boys may draw what looks like a bunch of scribbles (representing action, such as an exploding vehicle). Unless a teacher is permitted to acknowledge design… Read more »

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Absolutely. When I taught eleventh and twelfth grade English classes, I found that girls generally outperformed boys in verbal fluency and reading comprehension. The former is probably a natural difference; the latter was likely a result of boys’ tendency to race through standardized tests without stressing over choosing the correct answer. Girls are rewarded for lengthy, grammatically correct compositions delivered in legible handwriting. Girls like analogies. Girls have an edge in connecting with the teacher and anticipating the desired response. And I personally have spent my life benefiting from the assumption that articulateness equals intelligence! There is the added problem… Read more »

ashv
Guest
ashv

Meritocracy is a big part of what got us into this mess.

David
Guest
David

How? What’s the alternative?

ashv
Guest
ashv

See Murray’s Coming Apart for examples. The alternative is social and legal limitations on social mobility that encourages noblesse oblige so that local/regional elites stay with the communities that produce them.

David
Guest
David

I’m not sure Murray argued meritocracy negatively affected society in the general sense. It seems the books is about how having (or lacking) religiosity, work ethic, industriousness, etc caused the divide between upper class and lower class during the 1960-1970s. But I didn’t read the book.
I guess the word “meritocracy” has more than one meaning. When I used it, I intend it to mean the rule that reward better behavior. If “meritocracy”, in the political sense, means elites cluster together looking down at everyone else as inferior, obviously it’s wrong.

ashv
Guest
ashv

The problem with meritocracy is that it unduly rewards ambition.

JP Stewart
Member
JP Stewart

Well to paraphrase Churchill, I guess meritocracy is the worst form of promotion…except all the others. I’ve certainly seen others (cronyism, affirmative action) and been a victim of them at times. The result–not just for me, but for the organization and end user–was far worse than merit.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Ashv, would your preferred society have a fairly rigid class structure with little upward mobility? Would stratification be determined by birth? Can you point to a society which you believe approached your ideal?

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Sorry, I see you answered the first two earlier.

ashv
Guest
ashv

Reducing upward mobility helps reduce stratification. The situation right now is that the top 5-10% of talent in a given region has strong incentives to move away and enter the society of elites (encouraged by these elites dominating nearly all aspects of grade-school and college education), rather than staying in or near their communities. The result is the gradual erosion of non-elite society and hollowed-out small towns. (The ruinous trade practices of the past several decades have contributed to this as well, of course.)

JohnM
Guest
JohnM

Interesting comment. How do you see meritocracy as having gotten us into a mess? And what mess? Mind you, not that I disagree there is a mess, but I’ll guess your answer to one question will point to your answer for the other.

Abraham_Franklin
Guest
Abraham_Franklin

Let’s begin by rejecting the Left’s Orwellian words: A man who wears female clothing in public isn’t a ‘transgender woman’. He’s a crossdresser.

The former term is designed to obfuscate. The latter term is accurate and clear.

drewnchick
Member

“Crossdresser” is the common term, but I think transvestite would be more accurate…as well as more pointed. Regardless, your denouncement of Orwellian terms is apropos.

Doug Wright
Guest
Doug Wright

you can’t take ultra compliant US church and seek anything different; history shows it’s a done deal. BTW, Churchill was a Karsh’d buffoon. So much has been released to show that UK wanted war along with mini-me-Poland/#nicestorydude.

insanitybytes22
Member

Wilson, look at your comment section, look at the alt right, look at vox day and dalrock. That’s how I perceive conservative Christianity, nothing more than a vile cesspool of racism, hypocrisy, and assorted sexual perversions. Can any of you prove me wrong? Because the way things stand right now, I think some persecution would do you all some good.

Jennie
Member

ME, I thought you were a Christian. If you are, then you have self-refuted your statement if you do not do those things. If you are not, then there is nothing to prove as you have no basis from which to evaluate truth. I will say though that the church as a whole would do well to clean up its own house. I absolutely agree and wonder why others won’t. Having said that though, the church has always fallen short. Christ knew this, yet he still told us to be light and salt. Even with our imperfections or maybe because… Read more »

Ilíon
Member

ME, I thought you were a Christian.
No, ‘ME’ is s leftist who sometimes pretends to be a conservative.

insanitybytes22
Member

Me is actually a Christian with very little political or tribal allegiances at all. I don’t pretend to be anything.

ashv
Guest
ashv

So… you’re a rootless cosmopolitan?

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

You have discovered assorted sexual perversions on this comment section? How did I miss them?

wtrsims
Member

Eyes to see, jilly

ashv
Guest
ashv

lol she mad

wtrsims
Member

https://twitter.com/wrathofgnon/status/778113884947353601

Here’s an example of that alt-right hatred of marriage and childbearing we’ve been hearing so much about.

bethyada
Member

As enjoyable as some of those are to read I don’t think it is what passes for conservatism across the board.

Could you please enumerate the specific sexual deviancies these 4 groups are promoting?

insanitybytes22
Member

Lol! No, we will not be enumerating sexual deviance. Whether these groups or this blog represent conservative Christianity or not is irrelevant, the perception is ingrained in the culture that they do. Given what people see of conservative Christianity, they are more than justified to resist it and to fight back against it politically.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

You can’t make a flat assertion that you have found sexual perversion on a board and then refuse to back up your claim. I mean, I suppose you can, but not without damage to your credibility. “I think some persecution would do you all some good.” What kind of persecution do you have in mind? I know people who would agree with that statement. But none of them claim to be a Christian sister who is preaching grace.

insanitybytes22
Member

Jilly, first of all, I can do anything I want. Second of all, I care nothing for my alleged “damage to my credibility” And third, you have no idea what you are even talking about. I could provide you with a dozen links right now clearly demonstrating the many sexual perversions to be found among conservatives and openly advocated among the alt-right, and as titilating as that might be, I simply chose not to. Implying I am lying when you actually have no knowledge of the truth does not impress me. I don’t particularly wish to fight with you, but… Read more »

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

No, I don’t think you do care about your credibility. I do not say that you deliberately lie. I do say that you make provocative accusations then refuse to back them up. I doubt very much that I said there is no sexual perversion in Hollywood. I might have said that I have not personally encountered it. I might have said that in my daughter’s time on movie sets, she has not personally encountered it. But I would not be such a fool as to make a blanket statement that, among the thousands of actors, producers, writers, and directors, there… Read more »

insanitybytes22
Member

“But I have an entrenched dislike of hit and run accusations. Especially when they are used as the sole support for a weak argument.” So I take it you disagree with my assertion that most of our culture perceives conservative Christians as sexually repressed hypocrites, frequently prone to racism? Suit yourself, but it is still the truth. Is their perception of conservative Christians unfounded? Not necessarily, there is ample evidence to support these arguments. As to other alleged “weak arguments,” anyone who cannot see the outright racism expressed on this very board by people like Ashv and 40 acres is… Read more »

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

That was not the assertion that I disputed. I asked you to tell me where you had found sexual perversion among the posts of people who comment here. I agree with your assessment about how our culture perceives conservative Christians. I would also add that our culture perceives conservative Christians as intellectual cretins, oppressors of the marginalized, would-be tyrants, and Puritanical kill-joys. That, of course, is when they are not out torturing kittens and refugees for sport. Or patrolling restrooms in the hope of crippling some helpless TG. None of those perceptions is automatically valid. None of those perceptions automatically… Read more »

Capndweeb
Guest
Capndweeb

In the liberal theology of the day, torturing kittens would be the unforgivable sin. I’m pretty sure even an atheist would concede the concept of hell just to have a place to put such a person.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

As a crazy cat lady, I would lead the prosecution then shovel the coals into the furnace.

Capndweeb
Guest
Capndweeb

And yet Jesus would forgive.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Yes, and I hope that I would too. I talk much tougher than I am.

Capndweeb
Guest
Capndweeb

‘zactly. And that’s why He gets the glory and not us. It seems our initial reaction almost always comes from our sinful nature.

bethyada
Member

You are making an accusation but refusing to substantiate it. I am unaware of any sexual deviancies that any of these 4 have advocated. The only mention ever is the possibility of felatio which is has a mixed response from Christians.

insanitybytes22
Member

By “these four” you mean vd, the alt right, dalrock, etc? The sexual deviance is so obvious to anyone who reads them or their comments, that for someone to deny it, leaves me believing that no links would ever convince you anyway. So, the gamers, pua`s, pro porn, pro rape, pro sexual violence towards women crowd don’t strike you as perverse? Biblical gender roles has a couple of posts about whether submission means your wife must submit to bondage. Vd speaks of just throw acid in their faces and frequently expresses Islamic envy. Dalrockians often speak of how women are… Read more »

bethyada
Member

I am bit saying I expect you to like them. You are saying they promote sexual deviancies. I am unaware of promotion of the same. I disagree with Dalrock and dint read him much. I have never read promotion of the same. I have read a lot of Vox. He had never promoted rape, sodomy, transsexualism. You comment about the acid is both not sexual deviancy nor accurate. I have not seem the conservative commenters here promote sexual deviancy. You may disagree with people or think them wrong but you dint get to make false claims to support your dislike.

insanitybytes22
Member

Like I said, the truth is irrelevant to those who are going to refuse to look at anyway.

bethyada
Member

Irrelevant to whom? Me or the alt right and conservatives?

You have made a bold claim that doesn’t fit with my reading of the same. You need to back that up.

insanitybytes22
Member

There is nothing bold about my claim. It is a simple truth. People are driven away from conservative Christianity due to the behavior of those they perceive to be conservative Christians. Because of this conservatives are losing the culture war and the majority of elections.

ashv
Guest
ashv

Good.

bethyada
Member

I meant your bold claim that the Mablog comment section, alt-right, Vox Day, and Dalrock are a cesspool of sexual perversions. I get that you don’t like them. But I have been reading 2 of those for years and I have perused the other 2. I am unaware of any promotion of sexual perversion in my reading save the single (disputable amongst Christians) approval of fellatio (once). You won’t back up your claim but I repeat, you don’t get to make false accusations just because you otherwise despise something or someone. If it is a simple truth it should be… Read more »

insanitybytes22
Member

I cannot give you what you ask because you will simply dismiss and excuse it, completely blind to any flaws within that cultian world you identify as part of your tribe.

That is the same problem we find within conservative Christianity. Their tribal loyalties often prevent them from seeing The obvious darkness within their own ranks.

bethyada
Member

That’s just evasive. You haven’t give a specific example. I have given more examples than you. Why do you think I favour the alt-right? I think their approach to race is misguided.

Christopher
Member
Christopher

“People are driven away from conservative Christianity due to the behavior of those they perceive to be conservative Christians.”

So is the problem with their perception or the christians?

JP Stewart
Member
JP Stewart

Where have Dalrock, Cane Caldo, Deep Strength and other Christians in that space promoted sexual deviance? You’ve made that claim before but never provided a single quote or link. And the quote from Vox was nothing like you said. His words were “Using the utilitarian metric favored by most atheists, a few acid-burned faces is a small price to pay for lasting marriages, stable families, legitimate children, low levels of debt, strong currencies, affordable housing, homogenous populations, low levels of crime, and demographic stability. ” He was critiquing evolutionary psych with their own methods. I disagree with him on quite… Read more »

insanitybytes22
Member

And did you remove all common sense from your own bible? I am not lying. Unless you’re a complete idiot, you are aware of those fools and how they advocate mistreating women and how they revel in outright racism. I could careless about your bloody politics, but those people represent Jesus Christ to other people and that is where so many get the idea that conservative Christians are a bunch of sexually repressed bigots. Add Trump, the evangelical favorite into the mix, and Milo with his fabulous faggot tour and his explicit sexual fantasies about black men, and tell me,… Read more »

JP Stewart
Member
JP Stewart

I want you to back up your claims, honor the 9th Commandment and quote people in context. Until you do, there’s no point talking about “representing Jesus Christ.”

As for the Left calling Christians “sexually repressed,” that’s a bunch of psedo-Freudian bunk they’ve been spewing out for decades. No Christian in their right mind takes that seriously.

insanitybytes22
Member

What you refuse to listen to and dismiss as bunk is driving people away from Christ and also causing conservative Christians to lose elections.

JP Stewart
Member
JP Stewart

(1) No conservative Christian has lost an election due to the “alt right.” (2) The GOP hasn’t nominated a conservative Christian since…I guess I’ll say Ronald Reagan…though he’s quite overrated by modern conservatives. (3) You continue to dodge every question regarding proof of your false assertions. That’s lying, plain and simple, and drives more people from Christ than anything you’re concerned about.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Gee, mkt, who would have thought you had the power as one solitary human being to drive people away from Christ AND cause Christians to lose elections? How do you manage that?

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

Most people have never heard of these guys. I have no idea who Milo is, nor do I care. If he has sexual fantasies about black men, that’s his issue. But I do not think you spend your days explaining to the masses that Milo is not the typical Christian conservative. You appear to have a strong belief in your own moral perfection. There is no other explanation for sermonettes that tell people exactly what they should think and feel, and that condemn them for not viewing you as the source of all wisdom. In other words, for daring to… Read more »

insanitybytes22
Member

Jilly every liberal, dem, independent, feminist, and moderate knows who these people are.

As usual you are trying to make everything personal and attempting to be sanctimonious about things that by your own admission you have no knowledge of. Now, go watch some video if Milo and we’ll talk.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

This is not about me this time. I am not crazy about your attacks on other people either. I am an independent moderate, and I don’t hang out on websites run by the kind of people you describe. I doubt that I have a single friend who isn’t a liberal democrat, and none of them would be caught dead reading that kind of stuff. I can’t imagine why you choose to spend so much time there. Sanctimonious means holier than thou. No one “attempts” to be sanctimonious; it’s not a good thing to be.

insanitybytes22
Member

Jilly, it’s always all about you, all of the time.

Listen to me, the people you claim I am attacking know all about the alt right as do I. Don’t you think it would be wise for you to perhaps read and research those sites before forming an opinion and declaring me wrong?

I think the very definition of sanctimonious must include something about how you and your friends wouldn’t be caught dead reading those sites, but just the same ME is totally lying about everything.

Jill Smith
Member
Jill Smith

ME, I give up. I have formed the opinion, on the little I know, that these sites are truly awful and probably no sane person hangs out there. I don’t need to research them to know I wouldn’t like them. You might want to curb your own researches because they seem to be upsetting you. I did not say you were lying, and you know that. I said, and I will continue to say, that you make statements here for which you do not provide evidence and then have a meltdown when you are asked to explain yourself. “Jilly, it’s… Read more »

insanitybytes22
Member

“The truly awful sites” are why conservative Christians are perceived as perverse and racist. They validate and give credence to the accusations the left throws at conservatives. They are the reason why we are losing the culture war. You may attack me all you want, but that is still the truth of the matter.

bethyada
Member

You want me or any sane human being to support the politics of people who honestly believe, “a few acid-burned faces is a small price to pay?”

You misunderstand MKT.

OKRickety
Member

ME said: “That’s how I perceive conservative Christianity, nothing more than a vile cesspool of racism, hypocrisy, and assorted sexual perversions. Can any of you prove me wrong?”

As you well know, you are effectively declaring guilt while refusing to provide any evidence. So, no cross-examination is possible. Imagine what our courts would be like if this behavior was allowed.

Jennie
Member

A really excellent letter by Franklin Graham to the ACC on the NC bathroom issue:

https://goo.gl/hNny1j

Of all this foolishness, I think “gender assigned at birth” is the most fantastic. Why we haven’t laughed them into oblivion is beyond me.

bethyada
Member

Doug, have you removed our ability to edit our comments?

Edit: Perhaps not

David Trounce
Guest

Och, Doug, you make me laugh with both my lips. Backbone like a chocolate eclair. Good post.