In a recent display of their reparative therapy techniques, protesters have shown up to a conference on counseling held at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. They did this in order that the height of their high dudgeon must be made the more visible.
The accusation being made is that these Christian counselors think that you can “pray the gay away,” and that no matter how thin you slice it, it is still reparative therapy. Ick. Poo.
“They say they don’t support reparative therapy, but they do,” said Henry Brousseau, who identifies as a transgender man. “They support praying the gay away, and we don’t believe being gay is something you have to fix or change.”
Ah, but that is plainly not the issue. The protesters say that being gay is not a broken condition and does not require fixing. But they go much further than this. They also clearly believe that being gay is something you have to be required by law NOT to fix or change. In fact, you may not be permitted even to try.
They want us, under the right circumstances, meaning circumstances that favor their agenda, to believe that our sexualities are fluid, plastic, malleable. But once you arrive in the world of the transgressive letters, the LGB,ETC, the fluidity of all things somehow sticks there. You can bounce around among the naughty letters as much as you want, and maybe even get a book deal, but you cannot go back to S. That might remind somebody of reparative therapy. This is because going back to straight reminds everybody too much of repentance, and anything that reminds Americans of repentance must be strictly outlawed.
So you can’t pray the gay away. Wait. If I can drive my sexuality car in any direction I want, totally up to me, why can’t I pray in the direction I want to drive?
The sexual revolution is tied up in self-contradictory knots. They want to be the party of “anything goes,” but then notice how their tyrannical impulses crawl into everything. They want certain kinds of sexual counseling banned. In California, they want every encounter to be at least a threesome — the two aroused ones, and a lawyer, who is aroused by the paperwork.
In the meantime, boys aren’t boys necessarily, but yes has to mean yes. Girls could be cis-girls, but there is no such thing as cis-yes, or a trans-yes either. And if a man goes through transgender surgery, can he then declare himself a lesbian because he still likes girls?
So here is a brief outline and/or crib sheet to help you understand what the premises of sexual anarchy require, however much the anarchists may protest that we are misrepresenting their position.
1. “I was born this way.” “Gender is a social construct.” Well, which is it? And if gender is a social construct then why can’t reparative therapists help construct it?
2. A bisexual is currently prohibited by law (haters!) from expressing his or her sexuality in and through marriage. A bisexual woman, say, who marries somebody has to pick which sex to marry, and then her sexual yen for the other kind, whenever it arises, has to be pursued adulterously. Haters simply do not know how much shame they cause in this world. Why can’t her marriage license reflect the way she was BORN, people!? We have to insist on three names on that thing. Otherwise we are all still in the grip of misandrogynophobia. And that would be terrible.
3. Wait. I mis-spoke. Limiting it to three is not possible. We have to go higher. Because if she marries the other kind, then that third person has a constitutionally-protected right to be bisexual too. And the fact that she has the hots for Suzy does not require that she feel the same way about Suzy’s first choice, Fred. Her alternative yearning is directed toward David, who is also, as it turns out, bisexual, and he wants to bring Henrietta on board. And he likes her twin sister too, ever since that hot night of mistaken identity.
We also have to create a category for what happens when Suzy falls out with Fred, and has an in-house affair with David. And then Fred and Henrietta take it up, divorce everybody else, and head off to a small town somewhere in Montana, where they can pretend to have been normal the whole time.
4. A brother and a sister have had a deep emotional connection for as long as they can remember. They tried to suppress it for so long because they were afraid of the haters and shamers, who are still so numerous among us. So deep and abiding is their devotion that he got a vasectomy, and she got her tubes tied, and now they so desperately want to be married. If any baby manages to be conceived anyhow, because of the risk of birth defects, both father and mother promise to chop the baby up into pieces.
5. Jeepers. Polygamy is starting to look pretty tame, isn’t it?
6. Are we going to be allowed to marry robots?
7. Are vibrators robots?
8. And there, leering in the background, are the pedophiles and seekers-after-fresh-flesh. There are those out there who believe that the slippery slope magically ceases to be such ten yards from the bottom. They have probably said something like, “That, at least, will never be mainstreamed.” Such people are the reason that exiled Nigerian princes get up in the morning to go contact kind-hearted people on the Internet.
Stand by for a long sentence. Please keep in mind that out of all the people who hiss at me for my political-incorrectness on this matter, and who are outraged at my suggestion (nay, more like insistence) that adult/minor sex will ever be accepted by this UPRIGHT society of ours should reflect on the fact that millions of these same outraged people are planning to vote for Hillary, whose husband’s flights on the Lolita Express are the stuff of legend among the horny old guys.
Here is the bad news, helicopter crash division. A society as rebelliously muddled as ours is a society that cannot survive. Unintelligibility is not a marching creed, and incoherence is not a governing philosophy. When the center cannot hold, everything falls apart. When the center does not hold, we will all discover how many things the center was in fact holding.
Turns out there was a lot of water behind that dam we blew up.
Now when I say that America cannot survive, I do not mean that we have to be destroyed by flaming mile-wide asteroids from Heaven. No. Stupid cultures are quite capable of going out with a whimper. Societies that have been blinded by a judicial blindness from God are societies that are — follow me closely here — blind.
And so long as you are blind, you cannot see the way of escape. But blindness or no, I will declare it regardless. Jesus Christ was crucified for all these lusts and many more like them, and then He rose from the dead. He is therefore the Lord and Savior of this misbegotten nation. If He wants to forgive us, there is no way for us to stop it.