“In one sense, of course, Jesus is the reason for the season. But in another fundamental sense, sin is the reason for the season. We have not entered into a season of feel-goodism, where we think about soft snow and candlelight, with silver bells in the distance. Remember Ramah weeping for her children, remember our abortion mills, remember how dark this world is without Christ, and then cling in faith to the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ” (God Rest Ye Merry, p. 26).
Search From Dan to Beersheba
Most Read Posts
- Fatherless Under the Fig Tree
- So Go Nomo to the Pomo
- Patriarchy, Vision Forum, and All the Rest of It
- Doug Phillips' Resignation from Vision Forum
- Noahic Clickbait
- Gaywalkers, Gaytards, and the Gaystapo
- Not Everyone Was Thrilled
- Too Thick to Deal With
- A Drunk Trying to Make the Next Lamp Post
- Excesses of the Wahoo Brethren
- Relationships: Bedrock Discipleship
- Saw a Rainbow the Other Day
- Announcing the Wenden House Project
- How the Pinning Works
- Like Watching a Hummingbird Fly
For the Illage Vidiots
Oh, Yeah, Sez You . . .
What’s Done Been Wrote
Adoration Apologetics in the Void A Second Battle of Tours Auburn Avenue Stuff Chrestomathy Church Government Church Year Confession for the Nations Creation and Food Culture and Politics Current Events Current Topics Devil in a Blue Dress Dualism Is Bad JuJu Exhortation Familial General Ruminations Getting By With a Little Help for My Friends Goo-Mongers Grace and Peace Hamartiology Life in the Regeneration Liturgy and Worship Mere Christendom Moscow Diversity Cleansing N.T. Wrights and Wrongs Obama Nation Building Old Table Talk Articles On Scandal Parable Political Dualism Politics Postmodernism Practical Christian Living Psalms Puritan Poetics Selected Quotes Sex and Culture Shameless Appeals Study Guide for the Institutes Taking a Stroll on the Links The Lord's Table Thinking Straight Topical Who Is Sufficient?