Book 3/Chapter 9
Present vanity (section 1)
1. Where does our blockishness arise?
2. What is necessary before we are aroused to contemplate the life to come?
Two choices (section 2)
1. There is no middle ground between what two options?
2. Do humans generally acknowledge the vanity of this life?
Balance (section 3)
1. Does contempt for this world mean ingratitude?
Not home yet (section 4)
1. If heaven is our homeland, then what must the earth be?
Longing for death (section 5)
1. What does Calvin say of the man who does not joyfully await the day of death and final resurrection?
True comfort (section 6)
1. When we lift up our heads in hope, what are we enabled to see in right perspective?
These are the questions for the readings for Thursday, June 18, and those readings can be found here.