Book 4/Chapter 20
Governmental diversity (section 8)
1. Why is it difficult to say which form of government is superior?
2. What is an easy temptation in every form of government?
3. That said, the fall is easiest under what form?
4. What form of government does Calvin prefer?
5. But what is a Christian’s basic duty?
Both tables of the law (section 9)
1. What is central to all forms of government?
2. What laws are preposterous?
3. Why are holy kings praised in Scripture?
4. What is the duty of the magistrate toward the citizens?
These are the questions for the readings for Wednesday, December 23, and those readings can be found here.