Book 4/Chapter 20
Unjust magistrates (section 24)
1. Does Calvin believe that magistrates are capable of great wickedness?
2. What does this do in the minds of men who must live under such?
A foundational lesson (section 25)
1. What should our first reaction be when we find ourselves governed by a wicked magistrate?
Obedience nonetheless (sections 26-27)
1. What does the wickedness of rulers do to our obligation to render obedience?
2. What particular instance of such a king does Calvin use in the next section?
These are the questions for the readings for Tuesday, December 28, and those readings can be found here.