Book 4/Chapter 1
The holy catholic church (section 1)
1. How does Christ become ours?
2. But what do we need because of our ignorance and sloth?
3. Why sacraments?
4. What has the papacy done?
5. If God is your Father, who may you call your Mother?
Church and creed (section 2)
1. What does the phrase “I believe the church” refer to?
2. Which reading of that phrase does Calvin prefer?
3. Why is the church called catholic or universal?
Communion of saints (section 3)
1. What principle governs God’s gifts to us?
2. Should we try to distinguish elect and reprobate?
The visible church (section 4)
1. What title describes the visible church?
2. Is there another way of salvation outside this mother?
3. How long must we be under her authority?
These are the questions for the readings for Tuesday, August 25, and those readings can be found here.