Book 2/Chapter 8
Love and property (section 46)
1. What sort of gain should we pursue?
2. What do greedy men look like?
3. What should we do if we have to contend with faithless and deceitful men?
Ninth commandment (section 47)
1. What is the ninth commandment?
2. What is the first form of this that Calvin mentions?
3. For Calvin, what are the two parts of this commandment?
Good reputation (section 48)
1. What peculiar temptation does everyone experience in this regard?
2. What is not included under this prohibition?
3. What else is excluded?
Tenth commandment (section 49)
1. What is the tenth commandment?
2. If the prohibitions of adultery and murder forbade heart intent, then how is this commandment not superfluous?
Inmost righteousness (section 50)
1. What happens if we entertain any desirable object in our minds?
2. What does God require of our heart?
These are the questions for the readings for Wednesday, April 8, and those readings can be found here.