“The religiously self-righteous are, to use the great words of John Randolph, like a dead mackerel on the beach in the moonlight. They simultaneously ‘shine and stink.’ What religious men esteem is not what God esteems. Our prayers need to be prayed for. Our tears need washing. Our repentance needs to be repented of” (Joy at the End of the Tether, p 80).
Search From Dan to Beersheba
Most Read Posts
- Fatherless Under the Fig Tree
- Patriarchy, Vision Forum, and All the Rest of It
- Doug Phillips' Resignation from Vision Forum
- Noahic Clickbait
- Gaywalkers, Gaytards, and the Gaystapo
- A Drunk Trying to Make the Next Lamp Post
- Excesses of the Wahoo Brethren
- So Go Nomo to the Pomo
- Too Thick to Deal With
- Saw a Rainbow the Other Day
- Like Watching a Hummingbird Fly
- Not Cool at All
- Rabbits Should Know What Hawks Look Like
- Whores for Purity
- Relationships: Bedrock Discipleship
For the Illage Vidiots
Oh, Yeah, Sez You . . .
What’s Done Been Wrote
Adoration Apologetics in the Void A Second Battle of Tours Auburn Avenue Stuff Chrestomathy Church Government Church Year Confession for the Nations Creation and Food Culture and Politics Current Events Current Topics Devil in a Blue Dress Dualism Is Bad JuJu Exhortation Familial General Ruminations Getting By With a Little Help for My Friends Goo-Mongers Grace and Peace Hamartiology Life in the Regeneration Liturgy and Worship Mere Christendom Moscow Diversity Cleansing N.T. Wrights and Wrongs Obama Nation Building Old Table Talk Articles On Scandal Parable Political Dualism Politics Postmodernism Practical Christian Living Psalms Puritan Poetics Selected Quotes Sex and Culture Shameless Appeals Study Guide for the Institutes Taking a Stroll on the Links The Lord's Table Thinking Straight Topical Who Is Sufficient?